- Provide leadership, education, direction and support for worthy programs and efforts to mitigate social concern especially within the community in which St. Luke's facilities are located.
- Over Eaters Anonymous
- 12-Step Program: Part of a world-wide organization to help stop eating compulsively.
- Meet EVERY Friday, 10 AM at St. Luke's Lutheran Church in the overflow room.
- Compulsive Eaters Anonymous
- 12-Step Program: Part of a world-wide organization to help abstain from compulsive eating.
- Meet EVERY Saturday, 10 AM at St. Luke's Lutheran Church in the overflow room.
- Narcotics Anonymous
- A program designed to help those who abuse or who are abused by narcotics.
- For meeting times and dates, or for more information, please contact the church office.
- Girl Scouts
- Give back to the community; learn life skills, ethics, morals; create friendships through games and songs; and enjoy camping trips.
- Meet EVERY Tuesday, 6:30 PM at St. Luke's Lutheran Church in the overflow room.
- Lutheran Social Services (LSS)
- Donations of clothing or household items are sold at "Worth Repeating" and the proceeds support the many programs that LSS provides.
Click here to go to Lutheran Social Services of Northern California's Website
or "Random Acts of Kindness"
Remember Jesus asking Peter three times, "Do you love me?
Here's an opportunity for us to feed Jesus' sheep.
- Special Benevolence Grants Available
- The Council just awarded a $300 grant from the Special Benevolence, Special Fund to the Salvation Army Sacramento Citadel Corp to help remodel and beautify their chapel. Write a letter to St. Luke's asking for a specific worthwhile local charity you care about to be sent a grant from Special Benevolence, Special Fund to help support their community activity.
- Volunteer at the Elk Grove Food Bank
- Volunteer to help at the Elk Grove Food Bank by calling 685-8453. Bring canned food or food staples for the food bank to church on Sunday.
- Lutheran Social Services Opportunities
- Donate field trip excursions to Lutheran Social Services (i.e. skating rink, movie theater, Folsom Zoo) to be used by grown-up foster youth or parents and children in transition housing. Call Amy at (916) 453-2900 x208.
- St. John's Shelter
- Volunteer at St. John's Shelter, (916) 453-1482. Take the St. John's Wish List (see Narthex bulletin board) to your favorite store, and ask the manager for donations.
- Agape Children's Ministry
- Make a donation to our Agape Children's Ministry missionaries in Kenya, Africa, Mike and Karen. (Agape Children's Ministry, P.O. Box 5062, Modesto, CA 95352; designate funds for Mike and Karen in Kenya.)
- Supervise Children at Summer Lunch Program.
- St. Luke's Lutheran Church is planning an outreach program to area children. We will be a host location for the City of Sacramento Parks and Recreation Summer Lunch Program and need volunteers to supervise children while they eat lunch. The meal site will be open one hour a day, Monday through Friday, all summer. We anticipate 35 children a day and need two adults present to oversee lunch each day. To sign up for this program, call the church office.
- Change a Child's Life in ONE Hour a Week!
- Navigators Mentoring Program and Volunteer Center of Sacramento (VCS) connect mentors (18 and over) with mentees, students in four South Sacramento elementary and middle schools. Volunteers spend one hour once a week with their mentee, during lunch hour, January through June. All it takes to connect with a child is one hour, once a week. Please call VCS at (916) 567-3100 and ask how you can make a difference one child at a time.
- Serve Thanksgiving Day Dinner at Pannell Meadowview Community Center
- Each year People to People serves Thanksgiving Dinner to 600 to 800 people at the Pannell Center, located at 2450 Meadowview Road. If you are interested in helping out, call the Pannell Center at 808-6680 in October or November, and they will put you in touch with People to People. Bon appetit!
St. Luke's Council
Who We Are
Sharing the Victory